UK Visa Services

UK Visa Services

1vs3Our UK visa experts can advise, assist and represent you in all immigration, nationality and asylum matters. The Immigration Advice Service can help you apply for a UK visa for your partner and family, or as a visitor, worker or student, including all applications under the five tier points-based system (Tier 1 visas to Tier 5).

Our immigration specialists are also experienced in applications to extend a stay in the UK including Indefinite Leave to Remain, EEA family permit applications for relatives of European nationals, obtaining or renouncing British citizenship, entry clearance or visa expiry issues leading to the detention or removal of an individual from the UK, claiming asylum, appeals and bail applications before the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal, and all human rights-related matters.

For the corporate client, the Immigration Advice Service can offer an extensive range of services for entrepreneurs, investors, employers and education providers, and work with a number of high profile UK based businesses as a trusted partner for successfully securing the necessary visas.

Our highly qualified immigration solicitors have extensive knowledge of all key immigration, nationality and asylum legislation together with up-to-date rules, regulations and UK Border Agency procedures. With decades of legal experience our nationwide team can boast a consistent track record of successfully assisting clients, from individuals and their families to UK businesses and their employees.


Applications to the UK Border Agency can be complex and seeking the assistance of an immigration expert is highly recommended. Here at the Immigration Advice Service we can offer:

  • Advice on eligibility & evidence in support
  • Assistance completing an application & collating documents
  • Application & document check
  • Assistance preparing an appeal or bail application
  • Representation for appeals or bail in the Immigration and Asylum Tribunal.


Frequently Asked Questions – Visas

What type of visa do I need?

The type of visa you need will depend on a number of factors, including your country of origin, your reason for coming to the UK, and your current circumstances. If you’re unsure about the type of visa you’ll need, you can use our interactive Visa Wizard to find out by answering a few short questions.

I am in a relationship with someone who lives in the UK, can I apply to join them there?

Your eligibility to join your partner in the UK will depend on a number of factors including your relationship status (married, civil partners, unmarried, children etc), as well as their current status within the UK (are they a UK, EU national or in the UK on a visa?). As there are so many possible situations in this circumstance, we would advise you to seek assistance from an immigration lawyer on your individual situation who will be able to provide you with an answer as well as potential options.

Can I apply to come to the UK to work?

As a general rule most people can apply to come to the UK to work whether you are a EU national or from outside the EU, although your individual circumstances will determine which UK visa category you will need to apply under, for example a Tier 1 Visa, a Tier 2 Visa or a Tier 5 Visa, if a visa is required at all. To discuss your individual circumstances and decide which visa category best suits your situation, contact one of our immigration experts for no obligation advice.

I have previously overstayed, will this affect my application?

Yes, previous periods of overstaying in the UK will effect your visa application; the extent of how much your application will be effected will depend on a number of factors about the overstayed period. It is also now increasingly easy for authorities to determine whether applicants are telling the truth about whether they have ever overstayed in the UK, for example, using passport information scanned on entry, so putting false information on your application is not an option. If you have previously overstayed in the UK and you are worried about it effecting your visa application then it is best to seek help from an experienced immigration professional.

What is my status in the UK whilst my visa application is being processed by the Home Office?

Your status during the processing of your visa application depends upon your status prior to application. If you are already in the UK and you have applied for an extension or to switch to a different visa category then your status will depend upon whether your previous visa was still valid at the time of application. If your previous visa was still valid at the time of the new application then it will auto-extend until your application has been processed. If, however, your visa had already expired at the time of application then your status in the UK is illegal and you should seek assistance from an immigration lawyer right away. If you are unsure of your status in the UK then contact one of our immigration lawyers to talk through your situation.

Can I switch from one PBS (Points Based System) category to stay as the dependent of my spouse who is in another PBS category?

Due to changes made in 2013, there are now more restrictions in terms of switching PBS categories for your UK visa than there were previously. Generally, you will be able to switch from one PBS category to another, although this may not be able to be carried out in-country. The possibility of switching PBS categories depends upon your current visa category as simply switching is not an option with some visas. As there are a few options in this particular area of UK immigration law, we recommend that you speak to our expert immigration lawyers to talk through your situation and assess your options on a personalized basis. Our experts will be able to advise on other options where switching PBS category is not the best solution, or assist with the application to switch categories where it is the best course of action.

Open chat
Need help?
How can we help you?